Going to the Prom

by Heligirl on June 21, 2010

It was my very first prom that I was invited to attend.

What can I say, I’m a late bloomer. I didn’t want to miss my junior and senior proms in high school, and due to the fact that I was vastly unpopular, I had to basically ask guy friends to go so I wouldn’t miss that right of passage. Not this time baby!

The Mommyologist invited little old me to attend the prom and my buddy Jen at The Mother Load talked me into going! And not just some pimply, cliquey, out do each other and try to have sex the first time high school prom. I’m talking the Mom Sexy prom, where we moms are celebrating our sexy together. I must say, despite some of the sags and stretch marks, I’m feeling much sexier now than I did in high school. A lot of it has to do with confidence, and mom sexy is about being confident and happy in the skin your in, so rock on sexy ladies.

When I first heard of the prom I was sort of at a loss as to what to wear. Truth be told, I haven’t bought myself a sexy dress since just before my wedding when I had this sexy little number for the rehearsal party and my honeymoon. Then my mom called and asked if we could go shopping. See, mom is FINALLY getting married again, after, oh hell, I can’t even remember how many miserable years and I’m in the wedding. She’s found this amazing man and become a whole new woman (which helps me with my work on breaking the cycle of abuse her mother started in our family). She wanted to buy me a dress to wear on her big day.

So off we went and mom saw this gorgeous dress. I took one look at the pricetag and walked away. Mom stopped me and said she was buying so try it on. If it looks good, she’ll get it. Holy crap, people, the minute I put this soft, sexy $350 piece of fabric on I could see why it cost so much. I was transformed. Dang I looked hot. Yeah Mom! Still can’t thank her enough.

In the lovely wet, but green front yard.

And that is me at the prom. May all the boys who didn’t have the nerve to ask me to my high school prom stumble upon these photos and eat their hearts out. But in a good way. Maybe Hugh Jackman can droll over them too. I wouldn’t mind.

The Mom Sexy prom was a beautiful event attended by beautiful people, every last one of us thrilled to be sexy moms. Want to see more of us? Click on over to the Mommyologist and follow the links. May it inspire you to embrace Mom Sexy, or just Woman Sexy. We’re all so beautiful inside if we take the time to show it.

wendiwinn June 21, 2010 at 7:21 am

good for you! and also. do you think your mom would buy me a dress?

Heligirl June 21, 2010 at 7:25 am

Ha, ha! She floored me with that dress. I need to get her all excited about doing more shopping for me in the future, eh? 🙂 You sure looked sexy too my dear!

Much More Than Mommy June 21, 2010 at 7:44 am

Love the attitude!! 😀 Pretty, pretty dress! Glad you were able to go to prom!

Heligirl June 21, 2010 at 8:02 am

Why thank you everso!

The Mommyologist June 21, 2010 at 7:45 am

You look GORGEOUS!! Blue is definitely your color and you are certainly going to shine at that wedding!! Sounds like your mom is a wonderful lady!

Thanks so much for helping me bring Mom Sexy back and for encouraging women everywhere to feel confident in their own skin. I am so excited that you came to my prom!!

Heligirl June 21, 2010 at 8:01 am

Thanks! And thanks for all you do to encourage us to be sexy!

NotJustAnotherJen June 21, 2010 at 7:55 am

Way to go Heligirl! You look fabUlous dahling. Welcome to the party and don’t forget to get your groove on today.

Heligirl June 21, 2010 at 8:02 am

Grooving away baby. 🙂

Brittney June 21, 2010 at 8:20 am

Very Pretty!!!!
Brittney recently posted: Dear Dad

Heligirl June 21, 2010 at 9:15 am

Thanks darlin’!

varunner June 21, 2010 at 8:29 am

Oh what a gorgeous, shimmering pool of mystery that blue dress is. You look fantastic!
varunner recently posted: Prom 2010

Heligirl June 21, 2010 at 9:15 am

Oooo, I ‘LOVE that “shimmering pool of mystery.” My new dress name!!

Mindy June 21, 2010 at 8:31 am

You’re mom is awesome for buying you a gorgeous dress. I love the color. It feels so great to have something new and look amazing in it!
Mindy recently posted: The Mommyologist’s Sexy Mom Prom

Heligirl June 21, 2010 at 9:16 am

Yes, mom recently came across some serious awesome sauce this past year. I’m really happy for her. She’s finally very happy.

CB June 21, 2010 at 8:44 am

Gorgeous dress lady!!!!! I never got to go to prom at ALL!
CB recently posted: It’s Prom Night Bitches!

Heligirl June 21, 2010 at 9:17 am

No freaking WAY you never went to prom. What’s your story girlfriend?

CB June 21, 2010 at 9:18 am

My f**tard boyfriends never wanted to go!
CB recently posted: It’s Prom Night Bitches!

Jeannette June 21, 2010 at 9:44 am

You look amazing! I’m not sure Uma could fill that dress out… she’s a bit small up top lol. And congrats to your mom and your healing too!
Jeannette recently posted: Mamarazzi Monday June 21st

Heligirl June 21, 2010 at 9:56 am

He, he. I so love you Jeannette!

Andrea June 21, 2010 at 11:05 am

Ok, so first I tried to comment and clicked the link to the ones for the post below this. Duh! 🙂

You look fab-U-lous! I can just picture how soft that dress must be, beautiful! I love the pics, esp. the last one as it’s very professional/portrait-like!
Andrea recently posted: Books, books and more books!

June 21, 2010 at 1:00 pm

Thanks so much. It’s mighty soft and flowing. Very light too. Hope I’m not freezing my butt off come October. 🙂
Heligirl recently posted: Going to the Prom

JP (aka Home in the Hollow) June 21, 2010 at 1:23 pm

Heligirl….you look great in that! I am so glad that your mom found a “Mr”…and it’s so nice to hear daughters talk (I have one of my own who will be 40 next month!). I am, in case you haven’t figured it out by my blog…new at it…very new! Stay as sweet as you look!

June 21, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Thanks JP. You’re so sweet! Don’t worry about being new. We all were once and there are a lot of great folks out there!
Heligirl recently posted: Going to the Prom

erin June 21, 2010 at 3:17 pm

I’m so glad you joined in! Your mom sounds lovely and it was so sweet of her to treat you to this beautiful dress! You look so pretty and I love that color on you.

Yay for MOM SEXY PROM!
erin recently posted: Mom Sexy Prom 2010 with Mary Mommyologist!

June 21, 2010 at 3:51 pm

Thanks so much Erin. It’s been fun seeing all the gorgeous Mom Sexy ladies.
Heligirl recently posted: Going to the Prom

Katina June 21, 2010 at 7:11 pm

Hey there! You look marrevlous darrrrrhling! A fellow Mom Sexy Promer visiting and now following you! Loved your post on the popular girls

June 22, 2010 at 1:49 pm

Howdy back. Super cool, a new pal. I love these chances to get to know other awesome ladies. I’m following back dahling!
Heligirl recently posted: Helicopter Heaven

Stacie June 21, 2010 at 10:17 pm

You look gorgeous!!! Good for you, what an inspiration this is. I tend to think that I gave my sexy away with each child I gave birth to. But perhaps it’s been here all along :^D
Stacie recently posted: Dribble, Dribble, Drench

June 22, 2010 at 1:50 pm

Dang straight it’s been there all along. You’re one hot mama yourself! Thanks for the sweet complement!
Heligirl recently posted: Helicopter Heaven

Polly (5th Sister) June 22, 2010 at 9:13 am

You look absolutely stunning in that drop dead gorgeous dress. The color, alone, is perfect with your complexion! If I am really nice do you think your mom would buy me a dress too?
Polly (5th Sister) recently posted: Monday Musings: June 14, 2010

June 25, 2010 at 10:41 am

Why thank you my dear. I just love the color too and was floored with how beautiful it was on. I felt like a million bucks. 🙂 BTW, I think there is a line of folks for my mom to buy dresses for now. 🙂
Heligirl recently posted: The Control Freak

June 22, 2010 at 1:52 pm

I just couldn’t believe it when I tried that thing on. My jaw dropped and mom and I just looked at each other. It was the most beautiful dress I’d tried on in my life after my wedding dress, which was only $50 more by the way. We just had to do it. I can’t wait to wear it on a date, but I have to be careful with it until the wedding in October. One of my best buddies is going to try to make something that matches for my daughter to wear (she’s the flower girl). I’ll post pictures when that’s done. 🙂
Heligirl recently posted: Helicopter Heaven

Michelle McGee June 22, 2010 at 5:40 pm

Glad you’re at the prom with us! This is a blast. And you look absolutely beautiful! That color is gorgeous on you!

Heligirl June 25, 2010 at 5:49 am

Thank you my dear!!

Lamb June 23, 2010 at 5:31 am

Wow, that dress is gorgeous! Your 3rd photo is my favorite. You look great! 🙂

My Mom Prom post is (FINALLY) up! http://lambaround.blogspot.com
Lamb recently posted: A Flower Delivery MYSTERY

Organic Motherhood with Cool Whip June 25, 2010 at 4:09 am

You are rockin that prom dress girlfriend. Those high school boys can totally eat their hearts out now.

Heligirl June 25, 2010 at 5:51 am

Perhaps they can eat their hears with Cool Whip? Loser boys. Actually ran into one at the park a couple of years ago (one that I had a crush on throughout high school). He tried to act like he didn’t recognize me. Loser. Guess we can’t be held accountable for our taste when we’re that young. I’d not have given him a second look if I met him today.

Tami June 25, 2010 at 8:03 am

Wow, your dress is so gorgeous!! That’s so awesome of your Mom to buy it for you! Happy Mom Prom:)
Tami recently posted: Bringing Sexy Back.