Helicopter Heaven

by Heligirl on June 22, 2010

in Daily Ramblings,Helicopters

Each year for five years I’ve worked with a dedicated group of Whirly-Girls, the Museum of Flight, and a slew of great volunteers to put on a free helicopter and public service event in June. This year’s show was last Saturday.

It’s a ton of work, a lot of cat herding and quite a bit of baby sitting, but in the end more than 3,000 folks enjoyed 18 helicopters and 12 public service agencies, getting the chances to climb all over helicopters, police cars, fire trucks, a bomb truck, the FBI’s huge armored thing that just screams “come out with your hands up or you’re pretty much dead,” and a slew of other cool toys that kept the little and big kids alike completely gaga.

I was overwhelmed with running the show so I didn’t focus on photos, but when my little ones arrived for a tour I took a little time to show them around and take pictures.

Her very first time in a fire truck. She was in heaven.

The really cool fire fighter who showed Sweetness her beloved fire engine.

Sweetness and Mommy in a Robinson R44. Not sure how I feel that this was the helicopter she insisted on playing with the most...

In the Air Force's Huey. She insisted on trying on the helmet.

Checking out the sherriff's Bell 407.

Hanging out in the back of the EMS helicopter.

In the pilot's seat of the Navy's Nighthawk.

"Baby brother too!" she insisted. Mr. Man joins her in the Navy aircraft.

Just a handfull of the birds.

My perfect little babies loving the helicopters the way their inherited genes from mommy demands they do.

JDaniel4's Mom June 22, 2010 at 5:03 pm

My son would love this. Your children look like they had a great time.

June 23, 2010 at 5:24 am

It was really, really cool!
Heligirl recently posted: Helicopter Heaven

The Mayor! June 22, 2010 at 6:54 pm

WAY COOL! And your wee ones are adorable!! PLUS, my wee girl has that same raincoat LOL! You should come link up this post in Crazy Town for Wordless Wednesday, share the fun chickie!!

😀
The Mayor! recently posted: Miley Offends, & Edward Sparkles!

June 23, 2010 at 5:25 am

I’m linked and loaded chickadee! That raincoat was a total hit. All the pilots and crews kept saying “hey there Ladybug” and asking her where they could get one. She’d just giggle.
Heligirl recently posted: Helicopter Heaven

LeeAnn July 9, 2010 at 8:15 am

Great pictures! It looks like your daughter really had fun. My kid cried when she sat in a fire truck. 🙁 I love her rain coat!
LeeAnn recently posted: Weekend Review – Boogie Wipes Giveaway

sexy legs and body July 17, 2010 at 6:11 pm

Well, a lady helicopter pilot, never met one before. I am absolutely nuts about anything with wings and rotors or jets. BUT, I HATE flying, does that make sense? No, I guess not. Because of my work at the time, (I used to be a policeman) I have flown many times, (not as a pilot, as passenger) the Pilatus Porter fixed wing, the Bo 105 helicopter, (both used in the South African police air wing, some Boeing’s, and some other. The helo is excluded from my list of no, no’s, I love flying that, (even in strong wind it is ok) the Porter is ok as long as there is no wind, but if there is, it is terrible. But all of these larger passenger planes, I hate flying them. I guess it is because I do not understand what is going on in the cockpit, and maybe a little because I am not in control. Another complaint is that I do not know what is in the luggage compartment, and I do not know what whakko passengers are on the plane, and me unarmed. yes, once a cop, always a cop.

However. I love watching, and no plane will fly over my head without me looking up to see what it is and where it is going.

I really enjoyed your pics here, brilliant, thanks for sharing, and your little ones are adorable. It is great to see them share in mommy’s passion. I have a cheap flight simulator on my pc, and my almost 4 year old son Jesse loves flying it, so he definitely shares my passion. Actually he loves planes cos when he sees a plane he will always point it out to me. He was only a few months old when we went on holiday and flew a DC 9 from PE to JHB and back. Not one peep out of him, he loved it.

I hope to see more pics of your “birds” and if ever I get the chance, I will fly with you…hehe… Oh I have flown with a lady pilot before, that was in the Pilatus, but I guess a helicopter will be something else.

Hope to see you visit my site and may you have years still of safe flying.

Colin.
sexy legs and body recently posted: FASHION- WHAT MY WIFE LIKES TO WEAR

sexy legs and body July 17, 2010 at 6:12 pm

Oooops, sorry, didn’t realize I was getting carried away… and hogging your comment space.
sexy legs and body recently posted: FASHION- WHAT MY WIFE LIKES TO WEAR

oblicza geografii 1 zakres rozszerzony sprawdziany November 11, 2014 at 12:32 am

hello there and thank you for your info – I’ve definitely picked up anything new from right here.
I did however expertise a few technical issues using this website,
since I experienced to reload the web site a lot of
times previous to I could get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your web
hosting is OK? Not that I am complaining, but slow loading instances
times will often affect your placement in google and could
damage your high quality score if ads and marketing with Adwords.
Anyway I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for a lot more of your
respective exciting content. Make sure you update this again very soon.
oblicza geografii 1 zakres rozszerzony sprawdziany recently posted: oblicza geografii 1 zakres rozszerzony sprawdziany