Stranger Things

by Heligirl on June 23, 2010

in Daily Ramblings,Photography

Every so often, you come across toys in precarious situations and no children about. I usually grab a shot, but often all hell breaks loose before I have time to post or tweet them. So here they are, for your viewing pleasure:

Cars at attention? This is a new take on the odd toddler OCD phenomenon that typically results in a long line up of some type of toy.

Look close. This is a half dressed baby doll reading the book. I about peed.

My place is set. I get one piece of cauliflower. Daddy on the other hand gets only a spoon.

Pink prehistoric creature plays piano. Details at 11.

Ahh, the classic stuffed animals go potty maneuver.

And a favorite of mine, even though this does include children. I must admit, I helped in the burying. Mr. Man pitched in a bit.

All photos shot with the iPhone, so excuse the quality, please. 🙂

Lauren from Texas June 23, 2010 at 8:43 am

So cute I almost died! I used to leave my Barbie/Ken kissing when I left the room… probably why my mom hated Barbies. Hahaha!

Heligirl June 23, 2010 at 9:46 am

Ha, ha, ha!! Barbie and Ken were always naked in bed and I think it bothered my mom so much she made a blanket for the bed! When I really think about it, the reason they were always naked was it was so freaking hard to get clothes on Barbies when I was so small. I put them to bed before I left because it was their bed time. Mom and her dirty mind!

So cool to hear from you Lauren!!!!

Apparently P June 23, 2010 at 8:45 am

I love all of it! And my little guy has the same outfit as yours in the last one. Great pictures – it’s like your own little Toy Story!
Apparently P recently posted: McFatty Monday Week 23: And a McFatty one it is!

Heligirl June 23, 2010 at 9:47 am

Ooooo, hadn’t thought of that, my own little Toy Story. I should do that with photos some time. When I have time. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA! Time. Riiiiiiight.

Kristen Truong June 23, 2010 at 9:46 am

Oh my! I’m laughing out loud at work! I love the cars at attention, followed by your cauliflour for dinner!
Kristen Truong recently posted: Wordless Wednesday: My puppy Annabelle, heading to surgery today

Heligirl June 23, 2010 at 9:48 am

Finding these toys in places cracks me up so much. I usually have the phone in my pocket so I whip it out thinking “I’ll tweet this.” Then I forget and think, “I’ll post it on FB.” Then I just end up with lots of photos and thus the post. But still, they crack me up too. Thanks!

Jeannette June 23, 2010 at 10:02 am

That is hilarious! I love the doll reading.
Jeannette recently posted: Mamarazzi Monday June 21st

Heligirl June 23, 2010 at 2:13 pm

It really threw me for a loop when I stepped into the room. For a second I thought it was Mr. Man. Weird kids.

Kris June 23, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Super cute…ah, can’t wait for the toddler years!
Kris recently posted: two free concerts today in west seattle

Heligirl June 23, 2010 at 2:13 pm

Oh what they have in store for you my dear.

JP June 23, 2010 at 2:27 pm

OMG! I just love it! Reminds me of a story I need to post about when my son was young! Thanks, Heligirl…:)

Pamela June 23, 2010 at 5:03 pm

Great pics! So funny what kids do with their toys. Sometimes I come home and my guy’s got his all lined up in a row and he knows exactly which position each one is in because if you move one he loses it! I hope that’s not a sign of compulsive obsessive behavior or anything…
Pamela recently posted: Friday Funny – Yet another hilarious Canadian, Jeremy Hotz

Nicole June 23, 2010 at 7:28 pm

How funny!! I can’t wait for when my daughter starts doing that! ha

LeeAnn July 9, 2010 at 8:18 am

So funny! I love the picture of the baby doll reading, and I laughed out loud at the place settings!
LeeAnn recently posted: Weekend Review – Boogie Wipes Giveaway