Vacation

by Heligirl on July 5, 2010

After our lovely stressful experience in house hunting and almost buying the last few weeks, I’m well due for a little RnR. I have some really exciting things planned for the next couple of weeks here at Heligirl. You won’t be disappointed. But first I need to take a little time here to rest and prepare the juicy details. I know I’m due to post a Positive Discipline article. I’ve been taking a very involved class with so much good stuff I can’t wait to share it. The first article from that is in the works. What’s more, I’ve got a really exciting opportunity for all my readers that I’ll be unveiling in the next 10 days, which includes loads of valuable advice and tips. You won’t want to miss this.

In the meantime, Hubby and I have taken the week off and will be spending it close to home just being together with the kids as a family. I’m trying to stay away from the computer too so I can stay focused on enjoying our week together. It will be a little quiet on my end for the rest of the week, spare a few photos here and there documenting our adventures.

In the meantime, please share something with me. If you could take a week off and spending it at home with your family, what would you do? Housework? Yard work? Organizing the attic? Or can you pull yourself away from all those waiting chores to just spend time with your family? That’s the struggle I’ll have this week and I’ll be reporting back soon about how I did with this challenge. I’d love to read your thoughts before I bare all.

JP July 6, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Enjoy your hubby & kids! If you can’t include them in your “task”, then let it wait.

Go on a picnic.
Go for a walk/hike.
Ride bikes together.
Pick wildflowers.
Live, love laugh…:)

Stacie July 6, 2010 at 2:14 pm

First off, I hope that you enjoy your week off! Family time is a MUST.

Secondly, I think I would just enjoy the heck out of my family for one week. Finally go camping, or to the beach, or just to the park or lake. Towards the end of our vacation though, I think I would probably spend some time having everyone pitch in together for some clean up and organization.

Have fun and big hugs! See you soon!
Stacie recently posted: Day Six

Susan July 6, 2010 at 10:23 pm

Hmm. A week off at home with the family. I would fill up the kiddy pool, set up the beach umbrella, and play outside as much as possible. There might be a little bit of yard work done (just enough to keep the yard mowed). I would visit the local parks that have water features, and eat out at least once. Housework would only be done if necessary. When my son was as young as your kiddos, going away was more work than staying home (he was a LOT of work and didn’t do well with any changes or transitions). So, staying home with my husband around was the closest thing to a “vacation.”

Florida Girl Meets the Midwest July 7, 2010 at 7:36 am

I can’t help but be practical. I would probably cross one big thing off the to-do list and enjoy the rest. Lounge by the pool. Fondue night. Visit a pick-your-own fruit farm. Soak up the summer weather.

Momma Drama July 7, 2010 at 4:28 pm

I saw relax, relax, relax! Take a couple of days to go out with the family and enjoy things out of the house, but stay in a few days too. Don’t forget to take out for yourself 🙂

Momma Drama July 7, 2010 at 4:29 pm

I meant “say” – not saw…

Joy July 8, 2010 at 10:47 am

Enjoy your time with your family! Don’t forget to put your feet up. When my husband has a day off, I have to stop myself from doing nothing but housework or organizing.
Joy recently posted: A Kazoo Parade

Kristen Truong July 9, 2010 at 5:43 am

Sleep in. If you can.
Take the kids to the park. Or the zoo.
Visit friends. Or invite them over for dinner.
BBQ.
Catch up on a few To Dos, but don’t overwhelm yourself so much that you ignore your family!
Kristen Truong recently posted: My daddy thinks hes a train-

Colleen July 10, 2010 at 4:33 am

I just wanted to stop by and say Hi. I read your post over at The Life of Rylie and…Bryce too! It was an awesome post. I am definitely following your blog and love the parenting articles!

Thanks!

liz July 10, 2010 at 6:20 pm

I have NO problem leaving housework! Although my woodwork needs wiping down. All my doors have dirty fingerprints on them.