Friday Funny

by Heligirl on August 13, 2010

in Daily Ramblings,Embarenting,Parenting Tidbits

If it wasn’t for the random silliness around here, I just might be committing myself some days. Here are a couple of the things that I saw or heard this week to brighten your Friday the 13th. Enjoy!

His or Hers?
Scene: Mr. Man is sitting on the potty, doing his thing. He’s looking down watching himself pee when he decides to reach down and try to grab the stream. Sweetness is standing by and after I grabbed his hand and distracted him, she piped up with a little commentary of her own:

“No, no, no, Baby Brother. Leave your girly bits alone.”

Are you Kidding?
We went to the pet store to pick up various items for the cats and dogs. I came across this and almost fell over. I think I’ve now seen it all. Sweetness’s hand is over the tagline. It reads, “Keeps you warm and your paws free.”

Do you believe it?

Too Much Deadliest Catch?
Then, yesterday, Mr. Man was fussing as I was preparing his dinner. Fed up with listening to his whining, Sweetness walks up to him and says in an exhasperated tone:

“Oh man Baby Brother, what’s the deal?”

Hubby started laughing and told me she sounded just like Sig Hansen on Deadliest Catch. That can’t be good, can it?

And finally I wanted to give a big thanks to my bloggy buddies LeeAnn from Life with Rylie … and Bryce Too!, Alana from Domestically Challenged, Melissa from Adventuroo, Katie from Articles from Addington, and Melissa from Confessions of a Dr. Mom for all your support, retweets and advice this past couple of weeks as we hit the home stretch of the 31 Days to Build  Better Blog challenge. I’ll be unveiling my new blog look very soon. Stay tuned everyone.

Booyah's Momma August 13, 2010 at 9:28 am

A Snuggie for dogs? Did you actually buy one?

I had to laugh about the girly bits. Mine is obsessed with his “bits” right now. I think he thinks it’s a handle.
Booyah’s Momma recently posted: It sucks being a cat in this house

August 13, 2010 at 2:04 pm

Heck no. My dogs would look at me with this “why don’t you just kill me now” look if I dared put it on them. LOL!

Carol Ann August 13, 2010 at 11:24 am

That girly bits line cracked me up!

Sorry, guess I totally missed the boat with the 31DBBB thing…I’ll still do it solo style.

August 13, 2010 at 2:05 pm

Never too late to jump on and get going. One step a day has proven to be too much for most of the gang, I think.

Colleen August 13, 2010 at 1:58 pm

I’ve seen those doggie snuggies I laughed as well. Oh you are getting a new design I can’t wait to see, even though this one is cute.

Congrats on challenge I had to give it up at one point it was just too much for me right now. But I have all the tips to refer to and go back to one day.
Colleen recently posted: CSN Stores 40 Gift Certificate Giveaway

August 13, 2010 at 2:06 pm

I am a few days behind myself, but I’ll catch up. Just too much these days with work, home and kids.

The Mayor! August 13, 2010 at 4:27 pm

Oh yes, most definitely the girlie bits!! I actually guffawed, which is horribly unbecoming a lady…not that I claim to be a lady!

And seriously, I’d have to smack anyone who put that thing on their poor little dog, are you kidding me with that??!! LOL!

😀
The Mayor! recently posted: @! Friday!

August 13, 2010 at 5:05 pm

Guffaw away. I won’t tell. 🙂

Alana Morales August 13, 2010 at 5:53 pm

SO funny! I’ve seen the Snuggie for dogs – my kids almost bought me my own one, complete with peace signs on it. Thank goodness hubs stopped them!! Thanks for the mention – have a fab weekend!

August 15, 2010 at 8:11 am

I just couldn’t believe it. I mean, seriously. my dogs would probably pee on it right away and hope that meant I’d throw it away. Thank God I had kids, or I might have started buying this stuff for the pooches.
Heligirl recently posted: Friday Funny

Pamela August 13, 2010 at 8:06 pm

Oh man, What’s the deal? Teehee – I love it. Sweetness sounds like a cute little character!
Pamela recently posted: Almost Wordless Wednesday – Its oh so quiet

August 15, 2010 at 8:09 am

She can be, when she’s not using her voice for evil, which is what we call it when she’s screaming her head off.
Heligirl recently posted: Friday Funny

Melissa (Confessions of a Dr.Mom) August 14, 2010 at 2:02 am

These are pretty funny! I love it…kids really do say the darndest things 🙂 And, a snuggie for dogs? Wow…I’m speechless. Thank you so much for the mention…can’t believe how fast this challenge is going!
Melissa (Confessions of a Dr.Mom) recently posted: The End of Summer Blues

August 15, 2010 at 8:20 am

I’ve fallen off the wagon. I’m trying to read up and do bits and pieces of the challenge, but life is getting in the way. I’ll catch up shortly. Typically I have a little time in the evenings, but we went away for the weekend and there is some uncertainty about my day job that’s eating my time and brain power.
Heligirl recently posted: Friday Funny

Momma Drama August 14, 2010 at 9:14 am

“girly bits” – love it. if he’s anything like my little boy, he can’t leave his “girly bits” alone. I swear, it’s impossible for those boys not to randomly touch it every 15 minutes 🙂
Momma Drama recently posted: My Little Man

August 15, 2010 at 8:22 am

LOL!! That’s so sadly true. Mr. Man found his a few months back and the look on his face was pure joy. It was like he was saying “Holy crap, this is MINE!!?? Cool!!” I told him it will be his favorite toy for life.

Mrs.Mayhem August 16, 2010 at 7:42 am

Kids are so funny! I enjoy reading all the cute things they say.

I’m looking forward to checking out the new look!