Sedona Vacation

by Heligirl on September 1, 2010

in Beyond Mommyhood,Photography,Relationships

We’re back from our long weekend away in Sedona. We made it home about 2:30 p.m. yesterday to a little dude cranky with teething (but thrilled to see us) and a very excited Sweetness. In their excitement they forgot they’re supposed to sleep through the night so working on five hours of sleep I leave you with an accidental Wordless Wednesday. We didn’t take a lot of photos because we just wanted to rest, but here some of the few we did shoot.

The view from the Sedona Airport, which is located on a mesa top (super cool).

The view north from our resort's main building. The Enchantment is located in a box canyon of red rocks.

We went for a hike near the resort and this is a view down toward the resort.

Hubby up on Boynton Spire, with Sedona in the background.

Me up at Boynton Spire. This was a great, gorgeous hike.

After a good hike it's important to sit and relax by the pool, with drinks.

Which is so easy to do with a view like this. (That's Boynton Spire, the rock on the far right.)

When we weren't hiking, sight seeing or lounging by the pool, we had to hang out in these digs.

I feel pretty certain my dorm room was smaller than this bathroom. There was a jet tub and a shower.

Feeling might relaxed among my red rocks.

Florida Girl Meets the Midwest September 1, 2010 at 8:19 am

My last trip for the year will be to Scottsdale, AZ. Can’t wait.

Your photos are gorgeous. I am so ready for a vacay.

September 1, 2010 at 2:59 pm

Arizona is always a great place to escape to. There are so many different places across the state. I hope you have a great trip!

Carol Ann September 1, 2010 at 9:12 am

The landscape and the resort….that couldn’t have possibly been anything other than heavenly!
Carol Ann recently posted: Wordless Wednesday &amp TT Photo Challenge – Laughter

September 1, 2010 at 3:00 pm

It just wasn’t long enough. I’d need a week to fully unwind, but we sure aren’t complaining about having the three days and two nights. It was lovely.

NotJustAnotherJen September 1, 2010 at 9:19 am

Don’t you just LOVE Sedona? I’ve had some great times there. So glad you and your hubster got away. Cheers, jen!
NotJustAnotherJen recently posted: wordless wednesday- sauced

September 1, 2010 at 3:00 pm

Thanks dahling. I do love Sedona, almost as much as the Utah national parks. 🙂

JP September 1, 2010 at 9:47 am

So, would you recommend it to someone? Silly of me to ask…:) Glad you enjoyed! ..:) JP
JP recently posted: A Cool Dude

September 1, 2010 at 3:02 pm

I would totally recommend the place, but even more so I recommend getting away with your significant other, where you can just be alone together. I miss having him all to myself.

Colleen September 1, 2010 at 9:49 am

Beautiful photos! I hope you had a wonderful relaxing time!

September 1, 2010 at 3:02 pm

Delightful, thank you!

Candice @ Fashionably Organized September 1, 2010 at 10:38 am

I lived in Tucson for 4 years and never got a chance to go to Sedona. It bums me out b/c every picture I see makes me jealous at the fact that I never went. Beautiful photos, and I hope it was as relaxing as it looks.
Candice @ Fashionably Organized recently posted: Back To School Wednesday DIY

September 1, 2010 at 3:03 pm

It’s a very peaceful, spiritual place. I always feel so relaxed when I go there. I’m sorry you missed the chance to see it. I highly recommend it to anyone passing through, or looking for a place to vacation. 🙂

kara-noel September 1, 2010 at 10:57 am

Those clouds are just beautiful!!

September 1, 2010 at 3:05 pm

I think they’re more beautiful there because of the high altitude, which makes the sky bluer, and the red rocks, which make the clouds pop. All the colors seem more vivid and the photos just didn’t do it justice. 🙂

Kate Walton September 1, 2010 at 11:18 am

Wow, that looks amazing! So happy for you that you got to do this–you look so beautiful…and so relaxed!!!

September 1, 2010 at 3:05 pm

Thanks Kate. I only wish we could have stayed longer. 🙂

themombshell September 1, 2010 at 4:21 pm

it looks breath taking!
themombshell recently posted: Im having a t-shirt made

September 3, 2010 at 11:15 am

It was so very much. I’ll post a story about it today. Promise. 🙂
Heligirl recently posted: Sedona Vacation

Momma Drama September 1, 2010 at 5:24 pm

That is so beautiful! I’ve never been out west. Not past Arkansas… lol. I would love to go out there one day. It looks gorgeous.

September 3, 2010 at 11:17 am

Oh you just have to see this side of the country. The Arizona and Utah deserts are my very, very favorite with all the red rock. OK, Utah has more red rock than Arizona, but those two are just breathtaking. If I had the money, I’d invest in a little motel in a small town near one of these breathtaking places. A little 10-20 room place where I can provide wonderful service for my customers and a local feel. That, of course, is after I win the lottery.

SharleneT
Twitter: solarchief
September 1, 2010 at 6:52 pm

I am so jealous!… it looks beautiful… so glad you were able to get away for some time with your hubby… you’re right, it is important to have your own time together… start your plans for next year… thanks for sharing the beautiful photos… come visit when you catch your breath…
SharleneT recently posted: Solar Cooking Question – Give Me the Children

September 3, 2010 at 11:18 am

We already have Sharlene. We plan to go to the hotel where we spent our honeymoon since next year will be five years – The Banff Springs. It’s going to be very special too!
Heligirl recently posted: Sedona Vacation

Pamela September 1, 2010 at 7:36 pm

That is gorgeous! So glad you had a nice relaxing time:)
Pamela recently posted: The Price of Free Babysitting

September 3, 2010 at 11:20 am

Thank you. We so needed it.
Heligirl recently posted: Sedona Vacation

Making It Work Mom September 1, 2010 at 8:20 pm

Looks so beautiful. So happy you were able to get away together. My husband and I talk about it all the time, but haven’t made it happen yet.

September 3, 2010 at 11:21 am

It’s really, really important. You just have to make the time. Treat it like the money you’d spend on marriage counseling if you didn’t. 🙂

LeeAnn
Twitter: thelifeofrylie
September 1, 2010 at 9:01 pm

Great pictures Jen! Breathtaking, even. I’m so glad you guys got to get away for a nice long weekend.

Thanks for linking up for WW!
LeeAnn recently posted: Wordless Wednesday- Bath Time Linky

September 3, 2010 at 11:21 am

Thanks my dear. It was so nice to be alone together.
Heligirl recently posted: Sedona Vacation

nic September 2, 2010 at 8:38 am

Those pictures are GORGEOUS! Makes me even more bummed the only “scenery” around here is cornfields. And more cornfields. Glad you had a good vacay!

September 3, 2010 at 11:22 am

LOL! With a little imagination and some alcohol, I bet you can imagine it looks like the sea. A green sea, but the sea none the less the way the wind blows around the corn.
Heligirl recently posted: Sedona Vacation

Booyah's Momma September 2, 2010 at 9:13 am

Looks heavenly! Too bad you guys didn’t have a good time! 🙂
Booyah’s Momma recently posted: Snot your average wedding

September 3, 2010 at 11:22 am

He, he. Yes, too bad. Maybe we’ll have to go back and see if we can do better.

Alana Morales September 2, 2010 at 7:34 pm

GREAT pics – I know it’s been hot there, but it looked like it cooled off for you guys. Glad you had fun!!
Alana Morales recently posted: Interview with 5 Dollar Dinners

September 3, 2010 at 11:23 am

It actually did cool off, almost too much. It was really windy so that made it a little chilly in the evenings and the shade.
Heligirl recently posted: Sedona Vacation

Melissa (Confessions of a Dr.Mom) September 2, 2010 at 7:37 pm

Welcome back! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time…yay!
Melissa (Confessions of a Dr.Mom) recently posted: What My Kindergartner Wants to Know

September 3, 2010 at 11:24 am

Thanks! I was hoping I’d hear from you. It was a lovely time, and I’m writing a post about it to submit today, hell or high water. 🙂
Heligirl recently posted: Sedona Vacation